|Object Name||Bell, School|
Handbell used in programs at Box Elder School. Black wooden handle with brass bell and tongue.
|Collection||Schuette Biermann Farmhouse Museum Collection|
The donor, Merle Kipp, is the sister of Ellsworth Meineke.
Box Elder School, originally known as District No. 3, was a one-room schoolhouse situated on Landmeier Road, just east of Arlington Heights Road. It existed on maps as early as 1861 and was demolished in the late 1950s.