|Object Name||Sheller, Corn|
Hand-held corn sheller used on the Edwin Bierman family farm on Biesterfield Road to separate the kernels from a dried cob of corn.
|Collection||Schuette Biermann Farmhouse Museum Collection|
Edwin and his wife, Gertrude (Ollmann), had five children. During their residency in Elk Grove Township, they raised dairy cows, a variety of vegetables, and grains. One of their children, Lillian, who was born on May 25, 1912, married Harold Scharringhausen in 1934. His farm was located at the northeast corner of Arlington Heights Road & Landmeier Road. They continued to farm on that location until their property was sold to make way for suburban housing in newly incorporated Elk Grove Village.