|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Photograph of the groundbreaking for the Field Paper Box Company located in the Centex Industrial Park in Elk Grove Village, November 1960.
From left to right: Charles "Chic" Hodlmair (Village President of Elk Grove Village) and Eli Field (President of the Field Paper Box Company).
|Collection||Schuette Biermann Farmhouse Collection|
Groundbreaking ceremonies for the construction of the $750,000 office and manufacturing plant of the Field Paper Box Company were held on November 26, 1960. The building was constructed on the northwest corner of Greenleaf Avenue and Nicholas Boulevard in Elk Grove Village (1500 Nicholas Blvd) as part of the Centex Industrial Park. The Field Box company previously operated out of various locations in Chicago and Elk Grove Village allowed the opportunity for a consolidated operation.
In 1961, when the construction was complete, the Field Paper Box Company changed its name to Field Container Corporation to reflect its shift from primarily folding, paper boxes to an expanded variety of plastic and synthetic packaging materials.