|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Color photograph of Elk Grove Cemetery, dated July 1979. Shows headstone for the Klehm family. The Tollway (90) can be seen in the background.
|Collection||Elk Grove Historical Museum|
|Notes||The Elk Grove Cemetery opened around 1856 on land originally owned by the Paige family and donated to a private association for operation. Since its opening, the cemetery has never been affialiated with a church, religious group, or owned by Elk Grove Township. It is one acre in size and includes many residents of Elk Grove Township. When the cemetery was laid out, there were approximately 450 plots available. There are two Revolutionary War soldiers buried here.|