|Object Name||Certificate, Marriage|
|Scope & Content||
Wedding certificate of Ernst Cosman and Dina (Dena) Scharringhausen, dated February 28, 1889. The pastor is F. F. R. Klenzky and the witnesses were Fred & Mary Scharringhausen.
|Collection||Schuette Biermann Farmhouse Museum Collection|
Scharringhausen is misspelled on the certificate and in the church record as "Scherringhausen."
Ernst and Dina (Dena) were married at the German Methodist Episcopal Church, which at that time, was located on the Henry Scharringhausen farm where the live elk herd is currently located. It was serviced by circuit rider pastors that met with local congregations in Long Grove, Turner Junction in DuPage County and Dundee in Kane County. This small wood frame building had been purchased from the English speaking Methodist Church that originally owned the building and was located just north of the northwest corner of Arlington Heights Road & Algonquin Road. It was moved to the Scharringhausen farm location around 1877-8.
|Source||Josephine & Elmer Cosman|